Ostomy Skin Care
Ostomy Skin Care
When you’re living with a stoma following a colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy procedure, one of the most important considerations is making sure the area around your stoma remains free from irritation that might lead to more serious issues.
This is why it is so important to make sure you’re able to create a solid, but comfortable, seal between the skin barrier attached to your ostomy pouch and the sensitive area surrounding the stoma opening.
Barrier Pastes & Adhesives
For some, creating that ideal seal means using a cream adhesive that works almost like a caulk, filling in any depressions and uneven areas of the surrounding skin to ensure superior hold while also preventing irritation.
Other advantages ostomy skin care products can provide include:
– Barrier pastes can often prolong the
wear time, which means you’ll be required to change out your skin barrier or wafer less often. skin barrier
– Prevents breaches which can lead to leakage and uncomfortable odors. Also prevents ostomy drainage from seeping under the skin barrier, which can compound odors and irritation issues.
– Most barrier pastes contain chemical properties that protect the skin from the hazards of stoma discharge.
– Often makes attaching the skin barrier easier, which can be beneficial for those with dexterity issues.
Other Ostomy Products at Diabetic Warehouse
We offer a complete selection of ostomy supplies from leading manufacturers like Hollister and ConvaTec. Our inventory includes:
– One-piece and two-piece ostomy pouches
– Skin barriers and wafers
and accessories Ostomy belts
We are committed to making your life easier with great prices and free home delivery on all our ostomy essentials and accessories. We guarantee your order will arrive unopened and in perfect condition, and any perishable products will arrive long before their expiration date.
Additionally, if you have any questions about ostomy products and accessories, or any of the products we offer at Diabetic Warehouse, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 954-800-2421. We’ll be happy to assist you.